The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be working with a diverse team of designers, product managers, and engineers in a team that owns data at Carta. We have the largest repository of private company cap table data and we have immense potential to build new businesses on top of it. Our team focuses on making all important business terms accessible in a centralized data store, ensuring customers know when they need to review and update data, and will have the exciting opportunity to explore new Business Insights products. We are a humble, collaborative team that is passionate about solving difficult problems by helping users navigate through complexity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will be collaborating with your team to set a vision for how data will be used and monetized at Carta. Imagine a world where companies connect HRIS and tell Carta who and when they plan to hire. Carta automatically creates appropriate transactions based on companies’ information and reports are precomputed for admins. The benchmarking data allows the admins to build confidence that the software is running within normal constraints. Equity admins/founders can take a passive role in equity administration while Carta runs the same playbook for all companies, reducing support cost and driving uniformity.
The design team collaborates with our product and engineering teams to develop and build customer-facing workflows that drive interaction with our transaction platform as well as help define requirements for complex, large-scale initiatives. We have a wide spectrum of users who range in equity IQ, hence crafting user-focused experiences is a key focus of our team.
Additionally you will:
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
We are looking for a strong designer to envision how corporations manage equity and ownership records. Someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- Several (3-5) years experience leading design on Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment