The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Product You’ll Cover
Until now, founders have been forced to make guesses on compensation. To understand what “market rate” is, founders have to call their investors, friends, and pay exorbitant amounts for data sets that we know aren’t right. And the process to make sure your existing employees are compensated fairly is even worse - we find that doing this with spreadsheets is so time consuming many companies just aren’t doing it. That's why we’ve built Carta Total Comp.
We started with the largest set of venture compensation data in the world to make sure teams never have to guess about what market rate is for a particular role, level, or geography again. Founders not only can give competitive offers to new candidates, but also easily set up their compensation philosophy so all new offers automatically fall in line. Founders can then benchmark their existing employees with the click of a button, so you always know you’re paying your team fairly and competitively but never have to deal with spreadsheets again.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Product Marketing team sits in our Marketing, Channel, and Policy organization. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, democratizing equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education. Members of our team have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The Product Marketing team at Carta helps us bring new products to market and is the glue between Product, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing. A few of the problems you will solve in your first few months are:
- Create need and value propositions for each Carta user segment, working across Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing to drive adoption of our Carta Total Comp product
- Define the Carta Total Comp personas and jobs to be done to craft poignant and resonant messaging for marketing and client facing teams
- Work with customers, product and client facing teams to surface high priority product development opportunities to drive customer value and ACV
- Work directly with Sales and Sales Enablement to develop trainings that empower sales teams to win more business
- Help create a consistent mechanism for two-way communication with product and sales
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to position Carta as the de facto business building platform
- Work with the product marketing team at large to develop a consistent release note framework that will help share more of our regular product releases with our core audience
You are deeply passionate about Carta’s mission and want to scale our impact on the ecosystem. You have a background in technology, startups, and/or venture capital and:
- A passion for new product development and relentlessly finding and solving problems faced by founders, investors, and startup employees
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta
- Strong execution ability: you can own the lifecycle of a project from start to finish, and are constantly looking for ways for us to improve
- A strategic mind that can understand a complex business and develop an innovative and creative solutions through all types of products
- A creative story teller: you can communicate across audiences and mediums starting with “why?” to get to the “what?”
- Have 2 years of product marketing or marketing adjacent role
- High intellectual horsepower and EQ
- Comfortable with data and complex domains