The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Marketing organization, which encompasses our Marketing and Channel teams, Editorial division, Growth, Product, Go to Market Strategy, and Policy & Government Affairs team. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, democratizing equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education.
Your team has created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, written political speeches heard by thousands, led the rebrand of Carta from eShares, and created our free Launch product for startups. The Marketing organization sits in our Platform organization, sitting in a unique position of visibility across the organization with a hunger for new and creative initiatives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
We are launching new products and monetization strategies at a pace we have never had before. We need a creative, data-driven monetization expert to come lead our pricing, packaging, and monetization strategies across the business. You will work cross-functionally with our product and business teams to help drive growth and customer value.
Some of the immediate problems you will solve include:
- How do we increase net retention in our core business while maintaining a positive brand perception in the ecosystem?
- What feature and functionalities should be included in our free Launch program to increase value to our users and drive more conversion rates to paid packages?
- We launched a new product line this year, with several more coming down the pipe. Should these have packages and tiers? If so, what would go into those and how would we price them?
- We created three new valuations products. Should we monetize all of them or use some of them for lead generation and conversion to paid?
- We launched our first product for employees. How should we price it? And how do we know if it’s successful?
You are deeply passionate about monetization strategy and you have an unquenchable curiosity. You can parse the insights from dense information and have the ability to translate raw data into actionable strategies. You love thinking about product and have:
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta.
- Strong execution ability: you can own the lifecycle of a project from start to finish, and are constantly looking for ways for us to improve.
- Experience with monetization strategy for B2B SaaS companies. Experience with B2C models is an added bonus.
- A strategic mind that can understand a complex business and develop an innovative and creative solutions.
- High intellectual horsepower and EQ.
You likely have experience in venture, consulting, or academic research.