The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Security Operations team within Security. You will be working with the team to take on projects which gather telemetry from many sources, identify risks from that telemetry, and automatically remediate those risks. To complete this mission we need people who are passionate about automation and detection and response - willing to go the extra mile to find the needle in the haystack. We believe in creating teams not rockstars, progress with a path to perfection, and creating an environment that fosters research. We measure success not by how many bugs you find or tasks you complete, but by how much risk you reduce in the organization and how you work to improve the security of those around you.
We get to work in an environment that uses infrastructure-as-code, Kubernetes, role-based access, and with engineers who care about the integrity and security of our data.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- How do you enable automated detection and response to common-place issues without interrupting business processes?
- How do you enable developers to securely access the assets and cloud resources they need to while still maintaining and ensuring constant data custody?
- How do you preserve the highest levels of individual privacy while establishing a strong response posture?
The Impact You’ll Have
When things go bump in the night (or during the day!), you’ll be there to help guide the business to a safer path. You’ll craft the next generation of Carta’s incident response program, working with our team to help secure the future of our business. Your work will span across technologies, stacks, and languages, and you’ll help ensure a safe and secure workplace for all Cartans.
Roll-up-your sleeves, “swiss army knife” individual who is able to:
- Collaborate cross-domain with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
- Demonstrate knowledge in threat hunting and developing logic to automate threat detection and incident response
- Demonstrate knowledge in cloud-based services and infrastructure (Google Cloud, GSuite, AWS, Okta) and automation tools around these services (Terraform, GAM)
- Demonstrate extensive verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.