The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be joining our newest vertical at Carta called CartaX. Our team is building a brokerage platform and private stock market from the ground up that allows employees and early investors to trade their shares of pre-IPO companies. CartaX is the world’s first vertically integrated financial marketplace for private assets and we’ve just started. The team is currently composed of experts in building and operating marketplaces and brokerages, as well as a diverse set of team members with backgrounds in capital markets and SaaS platforms.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As employees of pre-IPO companies we are provided equity but the majority of individuals will fail to see a return as less than 2% of VC backed startups go public. This individual will work on CartaX, an issuer centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity programs for privately held companies, funds, and other fractional assets. You will be responsible for building and scaling our pipelines to make data accurate, accessible and secure. You will build systems that will allow the rest of the team answer questions they need in a self-service manner, and allow analysts, data scientists, and economists to quickly analyze and prototype new ideas. You will partner with the rest of the team on prototyping those new ideas and build scalable products. Examples of responsibilities will include:
- Build resilient data pipelines based on internal and external data sources
- Implement data security practices to support CartaX customers, compliance & legal, and other areas of the broker-dealer that require additional safeguards
- Support our data infrastructure by creating monitoring and alerting systems and evaluating new solutions to help us scale
- Partner with the rest of the team on prototyping and building scalable products driven by the data team
- Partner with teams throughout Carta on identifying opportunities and building solutions to help in simplifying operations while producing rich and accurate data sets for us to use
- Constantly identify opportunities for providing self-service tooling to our internal partners
The Impact You’ll Have
By building scalable self-service solutions you will enable easier and faster decision making. In addition, you will be able to increase productivity and accuracy of our data team, and operations and product teams as well
Successful candidates in this role will always look for a balance between fast delivery and building for scale. You don’t follow the status quo but look for ways to improve how we do things. You are able to talk to technical and business users and explain your work, and are able to be a good partner to your team and to your customers. Building relationships is a priority. You will always be in the know on the latest and greatest technology we could utilize. You concentrate on automation and self service. You are also excited to build new products, starting with ideas and all the way to execution. You have 5+ years of relevant experience. Example of problems you will solve include:
- Building tools to automate data anomaly detection and alerting
- Scaling our data infrastructure and developing software that allows for improved data processing and automation
- Evaluating build vs buy tooling
- Scaling our platform to solve operational use cases as well as increase self service adoption around the company
- Evaluating and rearchitecting our data model to support existing and future products
- Partnering with external teams to help in data modeling requirements to support analytics
- Understanding the needs of external teams, identify pain points and opportunities, and come back with proposals on how data engineering practice can help
- Rearchitecting solutions to allow for faster and more accurate reporting
- Partner with the rest of data team to develop best in class software solutions to stand up products based on our data.
Most importantly you're excited to work on a product that will fundamentally change the way private companies view liquidity, going public and how employees exercise their options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.