The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
We also believe that every employee is making difference in our mission, we offer to all employees:
- Equity at a hyper growth company since your start
- Opportunity to grow in your career and sharpen your skills (Unlimited Books reimbursement, internal mentorship program)
- Performance reviews every 6 months
- All the equipment you need to do your job (Brand new Macbook, extra monitors and peripherals)
- Health, Dental and Life insurance for you and your family
- Above the market meal allowance (Rio)
- Mental health and wellness assistance program
- Transportation assistance
- Paid vacation
- English classes reimbursement (Rio)
- Monthly Cellphone bill stipend
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leaves
- Snacks and Beverages unlimited in the Office
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
Carta is still hiring for all open roles. All interviews and onboarding are conducted online while it is not safe to return to our offices.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Operations Tools team within our Corporations Business Unit. We are the flagship product of Carta and we provide Equity Plan Management for Private and Public companies. Today, we manage upwards of 1 trillion of equity!
The Operations Tools team is a collaborative and passionate group of professionals that includes product managers, engineers, designers, customer support and sales. We’re united by a common mission to create more owners and simplify equity management. We place a high premium on experimentation and validated learning and we focus on being values and mission-driven, not didactic or prescriptive.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As part of this brand new team, you will have an impact on Carta's business as a whole by enabling tech solutions used by Staff Users at Carta to scale.
Operations tools initiatives will unlock the full potential of Carta to transform Services in Products. The team responsibilities include building everything from greenfield initiatives around automating Carta's support services to reflecting self service and building scalable solutions around Carta business services.
- Architecting complex SaaS products end-to-end
- Partner with business stakeholders to solve meaningful problems for our customers
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify their needs
- Actively contribute to improving our development processes, providing mentorship to team members, and driving adoption of new technologies
- Test-driven development (TDD), high levels of code coverage and automation
- Peer code review
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics, both in speed and value to the business
The Impact You’ll Have
As one of the founding members you'll have a chance to define the team culture and build the services and applications that will power Carta for years to come.
- Working on the biggest organization at Carta
- Help to bring the highest revenue of the company
- Will create solutions to be used by our power users, the internal users
- Create leverage for companies by building tools to empower them managing their equity plans, stock positioning, and capitalization table
With 3+ years of full-stack experience and good systems fundamentals, you’re excited by the idea of working on projects end-to-end. Our stack is React, Python, and Django -- this experience is appreciated though not required. We need a good communicator who is comfortable collaborating with stakeholders across the org to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions. If the idea of contributing to the design and development of complex SaaS products, and working on a highly collaborative, cross functional team excites you, let’s chat!
The Interview Process
Our team believes that interviews are a two-way process and we strive to make them enjoyable without any “gotchas.” The interview process starts with a call with a member of our warm, amazing recruiting team who will tell you more about the job and the company. Then, you’ll meet the engineering manager for the Operations Tools team, Gustavo Morada, who will walk you through the specifics of the position, the team structure, what we’re looking for, and of course, answer any questions you will have. This interview will last 45 minutes. After that you’ll be given a take-home assignment to do on your own time. Finally, we will schedule you for another four to five meetings where you’ll be able to meet team members you’d work with to discuss everything from coding and design to Carta’s culture to cross-team collaboration and what you can expect, and what is expected from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.