The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Ready to build the go-to-market systems for a hyper-growth B2B SaaS company? As a Systems Engineer at Carta, you will be part of a team doing just that. The Revenue Operations team is building the blueprint to help Carta scale. Our goal: support our go-to-market partners and help Carta realize revenue faster and more predictably. As a key player on the Systems team, you will join a team of humble, hungry, and agile systems designers. You’ll work directly with Carta’s sales and post-sales teams to ensure we build systems to scale. Do you love partnering? Can you design and execute solutions in Salesforce? Are you adept at creating world-class processes & systems? If so, continue reading.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a Systems Engineer, you will solve technical problems and deliver software solutions that will power Carta’s Business operations. This will require developing a deep understanding of Carta’s business operations across Sales, Marketing, Services, and Support, the business problems they are trying to solve, and the root causes that your solutions must address. With this knowledge, you will partner with operations analysts, business stakeholders, and the Enterprise Architect to deliver system solutions which advance our business strategies.
You will be responsible for building world class business system solutions in an Agile/Scrum delivery environment. You will work directly with business stakeholders and operations analysts to capture requirements in addition to building, deploying, and maintaining technical solutions.
You will be responsible for engineering technical solutions which span business systems which have Salesforce at the heart of its CRM ecosystem. You will deliver Salesforce Apex code, develop test classes, optimize technical performance of Salesforce processes, manipulate large data sets, run data conversions, and integrate multiple SAAS technologies with Salesforce.
- Partner with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business strategies, problems, and root causes which drive the requirements of your solutions
- Build, test, and deploy technical solutions within Salesforce and related business systems
- Build your technical solutions to scale and ensure data integrity
- Deliver Salesforce Apex code, develop test classes, optimize technical performance of Salesforce processes, manipulate large data sets, run data conversions, and integrate multiple SAAS technologies with Salesforce
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical solutions which include all code and Salesforce configuration
- Proactively identify and schedule operational maintenance tasks to ensure data hygiene
- Fix defects in the solutions you develop and maintain
- Proactively manage technical debt in order to prevent future crises for stakeholders
- Develop solutions using an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology
- Proactively identify problems impacting your progress, conduct root cause analyses, and take action to resolve them
- Apply a growth-mindset to continually improve your mastery of your craft
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders in a manner which embodies Carta’s Operating Principles and Identity Traits (OPIT)
The Impact You’ll Have
- You will deliver the right solutions which empower business stakeholders to meet and exceed their strategic business goals
- Encourage and adapt efficient methodologies to maintain strong delivery velocity and time-to-value across the team
- The system solutions you develop will enable us to scale for the next several years
Metrics for Success
- Continuous productivity improvement (sprint velocity up and to the right)
- Software quality as measured by defect removal efficiency
- Time required to triage and set expectations for bug fixes and operational maintenance tasks
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce application development and support
- 5+ years of experience in general technical development and support
- Quick learner, as you will be required to develop a strong understanding of Carta’s customers, business strategy, and operations
- Deep knowledge of business system architecture principles
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce technical environment, including coding, data management, system administration, and dev-ops best practices
- Proven ability to integrate multiple SAAS systems with Salesforce
- Expert in system integration business best practices, security, and performance optimization
- An advocate for building things the right way - even when ‘hard requirements’ state otherwise
- Proven ability to create robust, scalable software solutions directly with functional and technical Salesforce resources
- Deep understanding and demonstrated application of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Master of problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution development
- Successful cross-functional collaborator, with strong communication skills
- Has developed technical solutions across multiple teams
- Hands-on development experience with technologies related to the Salesforce tech stack
- Skilled at working through ambiguity
- Growth mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.