The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Core Services and Applications Engineering is a brand new team at Carta, and members of this team will have an impact on Carta’s business as a whole by enabling the technology solutions used by customers and other engineering teams at Carta. The Core Services team’s responsibilities include building everything from a document management service to user notification features, with room for additional challenges and opportunities to explore. Each of these services have user facing features, and we need your help building them out.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a member of the team you will be responsible for architecting, designing and coding interfaces for both internal and external customers. Some of the activities you’ll be responsible for include:
- Test driven development, with high levels of code coverage and automation
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify their needs
- Peer code review
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics, both in speed and value to the business
- Working closely with designers and other developers to design reactive and performant user interfaces.
The Impact You’ll Have
As one of the founding members you’ll have a chance to define the team culture and build UIs that will power Carta for years to come.
You will be part of a cross functional team of engineers and product managers, and successful candidates will have extremely high EQ and IQ, with a strong bias towards collaboration. We’re optimizing for strong senior engineers who are excited about the opportunities to work with a fast moving team, as well as previous experience working with:
- 5+ years of relevant web development experience - ideally at a tech-forward, software company
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors coding experience
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization
- A true passion and expertise of building, coding and maintaining websites
- Self motivated and seeks to solve problems independently
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.