The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Carta Payments team is in the nascent stages of architecting and building a robust and secure settlement platform for all of Carta’s products. It’s a horizontal platform that supports the movement of funds for all of Carta’s customers, local and international. We owe it to our customers to protect their funds and provide complete transparency into how they transact on our platform. In addition, we take our obligations as a regulated entity in a variety of jurisdictions very seriously. This small, high functioning, team of fantastic engineers ensure that our treasury activities happen seamlessly on a daily basis which include but not limited to, integration with our Banking partners and Money Transmitter Licensed Vendors.
The team’s long-term vision is to design and build a cohesive experience across Carta, offering our customers a unified purview of their activity across multiple products and allow business units to simply plug and play the components, as they expand into new market opportunities. We believe in innovation, embrace change and fearlessly pursue our goals against all odds. We take pride in ownership and will collaboratively build the future of Carta. The team is anchored in the foundational values of Carta’s culture and are fully committed to our mission.
The Problems You’ll Solve
In order to support the money transmission capabilities for a hyper-growth company, you will be integral to:
- Architecting, designing, building and maintaining a highly available, secure, and scalable financial settlement platform.
- Executing the vision of vertically-owned, plug & play UI components across several business units.
- Enabling high volume, high dollar, multi-currency, cross-border funds transfers for domestic and international customers.
- Supporting financial reconciliation and auditing of a high regulated platform.
The Impact You’ll Have
In this role, you will work as a Subject Matter Expert for all things related to money transmission and engage cross-functionally across all of Carta’s product offerings. Building and maintaining a complex financial platform is sensitive and non-trivial. With so many moving parts, this role offers a blank canvas to anyone interested in architecting and building a strong foundational platform that can support a financial institution.
You will be part of a cross functional team of engineers and product managers, and successful candidates will have extremely high EQ and IQ, with a strong bias towards collaboration. We’re optimizing for strong senior engineers with at least 5+ years of experience who are excited about the opportunities to work with a fast moving team, as well as previous experience working with:
- Building services in Python/Java/Scala.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in both monolithic and microservice environments.
- Object oriented development practices, strong design and architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns and when they are best applied.
- Experience in development environments with GitHub, containerization, and service deployment in the Cloud.
- Test driven development experience, unit test and automation of test cases for CI/CD pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.