The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Strategy & Business Operations team partners with product and business leaders to drive Carta’s strategy, collaboration across teams, innovation, and best-in-class execution. This role will be closely involved in helping us deliver on the next $100bn of opportunity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Re-imagine how we can create more owners in the world, by making private securities liquid and enabling them to be traded with similar ease as public securities
- Drive end-to-end strategic projects which result in the set up of a new business/accelerate the growth of an existing business
- Drive Carta’s foray into software products and financial products which leverage the power and depth of Carta’s network in the venture capital ecosystem
- Help make business leaders make smart decisions by bringing data, facts and industry expertise to bear on the complicated problems we are trying to solve
The Impact You’ll Have
The Strategy & Business Operations team leads planning and delivery of key initiatives at Carta. This role will specifically be responsible for taking the lead on high priority projects related to our core business lines, including cap table software, valuation services, and fund administration.
We're hiring for a range of experience levels from Manager to Senior Manager.
- Have a learning mindset, Carta is a unique company which sits at the intersection of software, venture capital, public markets and other capital market players - we learn new things every day
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Carta’s growth
- Comfort with data and ambiguity
- Ability to seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations
- Experience managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Superior financial modeling and presentation skills
- Experience in enterprise software, SaaS, financial services, and/or fintech a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.