At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Carta is hiring an experienced senior Engineering leader to join our R&D team to build everything required for companies to manage their equity plans. You’ll play a foundational role in Carta’s fast-growing Corporations Engineering organization, which is responsible for features needed by late-stage private companies as well as public companies. Your team will be tasked with building a Reporting Framework that is critical for our customers to provide accurate, audit-worthy reports that adhere to GAAP. We will be also leveraging the Reporting Framework to provide customizable equity reporting to our largest and most valuable customers.
You’ll spend a third of your time recruiting and building the team, a third mentoring and managing the Engineers that report to you, and the final third helping set priorities, shaping technical direction, and creating the velocity necessary to land complex deliverables on time, including coding work yourself.
Applicants must have excellent people management skills, a strong technical background, be excited by “zero to one” projects, and enjoy working closely with cross-functional stakeholders. Prior experience in FinTech and all these technologies is ideal, but not required. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
- Collect requirements, develop technical strategy, and build the foundation for Carta's products
- Uphold our engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Recruit, retain, and scale a happy, healthy, productive team of top-notch Engineers
- 3+ year in a management role leading teams of 5+ engineers
- 5+ years back-end engineering experience, with strong systems fundamentals
- Strong industry experience developing scalable production quality backend systems.
- Background with service oriented architecture and complex SaaS products
- Experience with Scala or Java
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
- Experience and passion for data engineering
- Background in Financial Services is a plus
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.