At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
As a Software Engineer - Data at Carta, you’ll play a foundational role on Carta’s fast-growing Infrastructure team, working on one of the world’s most valuable data sets at one of the fastest growing FinTech companies of all time. You’ll take ownership of the data pipelines that feed critical business intelligence systems to empower and influence teams across all levels of the organization.
We’re looking for a strong candidate who is excited about high quality, highly reliable data systems, and enjoys working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product and business.
- Create, scale, and maintain data pipelines using Airflow and DBT
- Scale and maintain Carta’s Redshift data warehouse
- Develop, monitor and communicate data SLA’s to stakeholders
- Evangelize best practices in continuous integration and delivery with Docker and Kubernetes
- Work closely with other team members to promote consistency and reliability of infrastructure across environments
- 3+ years of industry experience working with ETL pipelines and data warehousing
- BS/MS in Computer Science or closely related field
- Experience developing ETL processes using distributed data frameworks (Airflow)
- Proficiency with modern programming languages (Python, Java), datastores (Postgres, Redshift) and SQL
- A deep appreciation for agile software processes and data-driven development
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- A collaborative attitude and helpful personality
- Experience building and operating realtime compute and streaming infrastructures (Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, Flink, etc.)
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.