At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Principal Product Designers at Carta lead the design of our most important products and business initiatives. We are looking for visionary design leaders who are comfortable working collaboratively to drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery.
Your mission is to help us build a world-class product design team at Carta. You will be expected to participate in the hiring and career development of a growing team of Designers, Researchers, and Technologists.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will need expertise and practical experience in software and application design, from concept through development and release. Excellent communication skills and a track record of influencing the direction of large products are essential for this role.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
- 8+ years of experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to innovate within and expand existing design systems
- Systems design experience and portfolio examples
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.