At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
- Assist with month end process, preparation of the Focus and other periodic reporting
- Daily production of account reconciliation and monitoring of other key brokerage operational controls, resolution of breaks between general ledger (NetSuite) and sub-ledger systems (Shadow Financials) to ultimately ensure integrity of downstream Regulatory Reporting feeds
- Ensuring the daily segregation of fully paid securities and weekly computation of the firm’s reserve requirements along with moment to moment compliance with the net capital rules
- Prepare supporting documentation, technical accounting and Broker-dealer guidance interpretation memos to external and internal auditors
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and making strategic recommendations for process/control modifications and the oversight of their implementation
- Facilitating regular accounting duties: Accounts Payables/Account Receivables; Account and vendor reconciliations; Revenue recognition; Ad hoc duties and projects as assigned
- You will have direct contact and work with various departments and senior level management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Series 27 preferred, or the ability to obtain within six months
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in financial services, public accounting and/or accounting
- Prior experience with FINRA registered broker dealer or securities industry
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a team environment and the ability to work independently
- Must possess the ability to adapt to a changing business and regulatory environment
- Enjoys challenges and taking ownership of new responsibilities
- Experiences in some aspect of working with FINRA, SEC, and knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements
- CPA a plus
- Series 99 and SIE
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.