At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are seeking a designer whose interest and skills center on UX design, specifically for mobile and web applications. This role will lead our effort to design the iOS/Android and customer portal web apps and play a central role in ensuring we have the best product for our customers.
You’ll need to understand our customer base and create beautiful and engaging designs that enable our customers to quickly and efficiently interact with our products but do so with a polished game changing user experience.
The role will be primarily hands-on design and with additional responsibilities for team management, helping to define and execute our product vision and working with third party agencies to ensure we have a consistent and excellent customer experience.
This is a job for a designer who loves hard challenges, wants the vibe of a startup but the impact of a rapidly expanding international business. You are a talented designer who wants to shape our products creating our visual identity, designing our user experiences from scratch, and making our products awesome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on project work, from wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to steer our roadmap, long-term product design strategy, business goals and ensuring design plays a critical role in our business.
- Steering our design thinking by developing new ways of working and improving customer experiences through rapid prototyping, MVP and fast turnaround on new ideas.
- Managing relationships with external brand specialists, working closely with them to support the company’s brand vision.
- Developing current and new designers, helping them to succeed and grow through close mentorship and collaboration.
- Representing Capital on Tap at external design events, and helping us achieve thought leadership status within the tech and design community.
What do we require?
- Experience designing iOS/Android and web applications using a mobile-first methodology (start-ups or FinTechs would be a nice bonus).
- A deep sense of ownership - the mobile and web app experiences will be your responsibility, you’ll create, iterate and evolve them and be passionate about the work.
- The ability to communicate at a high level about customer experience and design decisions.
- Must move fast - you’ll need the ability to quickly iterate designs and user experiences.
- Are a promoter of customer centricity, seeking to always delight customers through innovative and stylish designs.
- Thrive in fast-paced, data driven environments.
- Align with our core values
The team at Capital on Tap are smart, driven and passionate and we are looking for people to join us who demonstrate these qualities in everything they do. We are looking to learn from you, and for you to learn from us.
We have a common mission to build the best payment products for small businesses and help our customers thrive. We want to make a difference and if that journey excites you, come join us!
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.