Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed our Series C. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
Engineering is a nimble organization responsible for all Canvas technology. The Candidate Experience team is responsible for the experience that candidates have on the Canvas platform.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You’ll Do
- Drive a customer-focused culture of quality while shipping new products and features rapidly
- Mentor and coach people across Engineering to improve performance and to develop higher level skills
- Participate and help drive architecture, design, and implementation decisions
- Collect and analyze metrics to formulate strategic decisions
- Work within a growing Service-Oriented Architecture
What To Bring
- 4+ years of hands-on experience software engineering experience
- Deep understanding of modern software applications
- Architectural design and influence
- Comfortable making decisions with ambiguity
- Strong focus and orientation on communication, documentation, and transparency
- Passion for collaboration and finding solutions to challenging problems
Nice To Have
- Experience collaborating and working with fully distributed teams
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- Unlimited paid-time off
- Flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- Quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend