Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
The Marketing team is currently a team of five spread across demand, growth, content and product marketing, and we support both B2B and B2C marketing for the Canvas platform. You will have the opportunity to join a high performing team while building the Product marketing org at a fast growing startup.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and well-rounded product marketer to lead the Product Marketing team at Canvas. A strategic leader and customer advocate with experience executing at speed and scale.
As the Director of Product Marketing at Canvas, you will report to our VP of marketing and lead a team focused on product positioning & messaging, sales enablement, Go-to-market strategy, competitive intel, customer marketing, and strategic narrative.
Success in this role requires seeing the big picture, turning data into insights, developing a deep understanding of our target market, defining effective go-to-market plans, and building programs to scale. You will be responsible for developing our Product Marketing strategy, designing our Enablement program as well as leading GTM for product launches to drive awareness and performance goals.
What You’ll Do
- Craft clear, compelling and differentiated product messaging, positioning, and proof points based on a deep understanding of the customer and our marketplace
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, key use cases, and customer needs. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on Canvas’s value propositions, core capabilities and market landscape.
- Design and own the sales enablement strategy to include product education, competitive intelligence and the creation of high-value sales tools (first call decks, battlecards, solution guides, etc).
- Own the go-to-market product process and strategy, and align product initiatives across the customer lifecycle
- Partner closely with leadership across product, design, sales, and marketing to drive and influence product pricing, product roadmap development, and the customer experience
- Synthesize market, product, and customer insights to influence the roadmap and ensure a consistent, compelling customer experience
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team on marketing campaigns to drive and accelerate pipeline
- Define, track and report on success metrics and demonstrate the impact Product Marketing has on business goals
- Lead and develop a small team of full-stack product marketers
What To Bring
- 10+ years experience in product marketing in the B2B SaaS space
- Cross-functional product marketing leadership with a track record of delivering on high-impact goals -- marketplace experience is a bonus!
- Previous experience bringing Saas B2B products pricing, packaging, messaging and positioning to market
- Experience leading and growing a team of high-performing product marketers
- Strategic mindset and ability to frame problems and develop ambitious solutions, while balancing the demands of executing at speed and scale
- Strong eye for business, as well as strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to draw conclusions based on data
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Stand out verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate independently to build out new programs and initiatives
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and how best to support sales teams and equip them for success
- Previous start-up experience is a huge plus
- A previous pre-sales experience is a plus
Benefits & Additional Notes
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend
We are a distributed team, and we offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We are currently only able to hire US-based candidates.