Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
The Marketing team itself is currently a team of five, each responsible for one side of the Canvas platform (B2B and B2C). As the Marketing Operations Manager, you will report to our Director of Demand Generation focusing primarily on B2B Marketing. You will be responsible for all marketing operations, automation, marketing data management, operational execution of marketing campaigns, tracking and reporting. You will lead the team in establishing marketing operations best practices and will manage the marketing tech stack, working closely with Sales Operations.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for B2B marketing operations including: workflows, automation, lead scoring, integration, attribution, segmentation and list management, personalization, A/B testing, compliance, deliverability, tracking, and reporting
- Oversee existing marketing tech stack including Hubspot, Salesforce and Outreach (managed by Sales Operations), Optimizely, Zoom Webinar, Google Analytics, Mode and Webflow to support marketing initiatives and ensure proper integration and lead flow between tools
- Identify and recommend new tools to drive and scale marketing operations with an emphasis on demand generation
- Help design and lead marketing operations best practices with continual optimization of processes to ensure efficiency, accuracy and scalability
- Lead ongoing campaign execution including email distribution, landing page creation, list management, hosted webinars, follow-up drips, tracking and reporting
- Work closely with Sale Operations to optimize and maintain core lead flow processes within Hubspot and Salesforce
- Collaborate with dedicated growth engineer on marketing engineering and product requests
- Manage the operations of complex multi-touch campaigns
- Oversee the marketing database and leverage data to ensure end-to-end data flow, segment and target audiences, trigger campaigns, and personalize content to support demand generation programs
- Implement and own attribution model and develop a method for refinement and optimization.
- Lead iterative A/B testing processes to continually improve performance through optimized targeting, creative, and messaging
- Manage the resource landing pages ensuring proper configuration, tagging, organization and tracking
- Collaborate with the marketing team and channel owners to strategize, plan, execute and measure marketing efforts to drive business impact
- Enable the marketing team with reports and analytics to better prioritize, optimize return on investments and inform decision making
- Support key B2C initiatives as needed
What To Bring
- 5+ years of experience in marketing operations, marketing automation, campaign management or demand generation
- Expertise in Hubspot and/or Marketo with proven experience overseeing workflows and automation, lead scoring, segmentation and contact management, report building, attribution, and campaign execution
- Experience with Salesforce and working with Sales Operations
- Experience with Google Analytics, web content management systems (Webflow preferred) and working with engineering teams
- Proven experience managing the marketing tech stack and integrating with third party technologies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to gain consensus, drive deliverables and meet deadlines
- Ability to translate business needs into strategies, and execute tactics and process improvements
- Strategic, structured thinking with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- The ability to balance multiple projects at once, working in a fast-paced environment
- B2B SaaS experience preferred
- Experience using BI Tools like Tableau is a plus but not required
- Experience with other Email Service Providers (ESPs) like Klaviyo preferred but not required