Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
We are looking for a Director of Customer Success to coach, mentor, and champion our phenomenal team of Customer Success Managers. You will lead a growing team of CS professionals who spend their days designing recruitment team strategy, evaluating and proactively communicating trends across our growing partner network, and acting as the voice of our partners cross-functionally.
Customer Success is Canvas’ secret sauce. Our partners love working with us because we deeply understand the recruiting and talent landscape and are “people geeks” at heart. You embody this enthusiasm for our customers, coupled with a data-driven systems lens. You’re excited about building a Customer Success organization from the ground up as we rapidly scale. You love growing people and supporting others to be the best CSMs they can be. You’re relentlessly client focused and love chatting with decision makers and champions and highlighting great ROI.
We are excited about sharing best practices and learnings and we take partner feedback seriously--our partners are a key driver of our product’s evolution. This role drives impact against our mission to make recruiting fair for all by supporting our customers to become more efficient and find the joy in recruiting, and by partnering closely with internal teams to embody the voice of our customers.
What You’ll Do
Be the voice of our partners, and be a team & cross-functional leader in driving product evolution
- Team leadership
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers & an Onboarding Manager to meet and exceed performance metrics in customer retention, net revenue retention, feature adoption, and partner satisfaction (NPS)
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to identify growth opportunities, coach and mentor the team to close gaps, and drive business results
- Be data-driven and steeped in customer activity stats to strategically direct team time and resources
- Get your hands dirty. You’re a leader and a doer who gets in the weeds, when necessary, to drive impact in your team
- Customer Success processes + best practices
- Serve as a key CS leader with partners, reinforcing ROI and driving adoption of Canvas while leading with our mission + vision
- Build trust with executives and decision-makers + product champions
- Maintain a high level of customer engagement, satisfaction and loyalty, as measured by NPS, retention, renewals, and expansion
- Partner closely with CSMs to formalize playbooks for escalations, business reviews, account health monitoring, and more
- Develop a repeatable playbook for hiring, training, and ramping CSM’s
- Hire and ramp an Onboarding Manager, closely monitor ROI of onboarding + enablement programs and impact on company topline goals
- Cross-functional leadership
- Manage customer issues and escalations, collaborating with support, data, product, engineering, and sales
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer internally
- Monitor, package, and share product feedback to drive continuous improvement through customer insights
- Partner with marketing to tell the stories of our customers’ wins
- Work in tight collaboration with the sales team to drive expansion of Canvas’ offerings with existing customers
What To Bring
- You have a 5 - 10+ years of customer success team leadership experience, you may be a recruiter at heart and you’re excited to become an extension of our partners’ teams, coaching on strategy as well as platform usage
- Your day-to-day will consist of:
- 50%: team management, vision, and direction & strategic planning for customers in your teams’ books of business
- 25%: consultative conversations with partners via phone and email
- 15%: cross-functional leadership and project management
- 5%: attendings team meetings (1-3 per week)
- 5%: completing administrative tasks (internal emails, announcements etc.)
- Exceptional ability to develop relationships
- Enthusiasm for excellent customer experience, you are excited about leading Customer Success Managers to be the best they can be
- You love leading and managing through others. You won’t rest until you have a deep understanding of each CSM’s book of business. You light up about partner retention and account expansions
- Strength in project management and meeting deadlines, passionate about diversity, equity and belonging and the talent industry
- You have strong business acumen and reviewing solid analytics is your happy place
- A knack for learning and adaptability to handle tasks wherever needed
- Bonus: You’ve been both a recruiter and a customer success professional--our CS team sits at the intersection of these two worlds
- We ask that all applicants create a Canvas profile as part of our application process. This will allow us to learn more about you, as well as give you a chance to interact with our product
We ask that all applicants create a Canvas profile as part of our application process. This will allow us to learn more about you, as well as give you a chance to interact with our product!
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend