The data science & analytics team at Calm is hiring the first data scientist to work with the new B2B team at Calm. We expect that B2B sales will be a major, if not primary, source of revenue for Calm in the near future. Thus, you should enjoy “wearing multiple hats” and be comfortable operating in a startup-like environment with plenty of ambiguity, rapid change and lightning-fast growth. You will need enough experience and leadership qualities to influence the B2B team - to help them understand the full potential of data science and be proactive in leading new strategic data initiatives, aiming to reduce reactive requests. You should be able to grow the B2B team’s data culture and develop processes and standardization around data as needed. Your projects in this role will be focused on helping the team prioritize their efforts, make smarter decisions and iterate more quickly. You will help the team become more self-serve and will automate and scale up data products so that we can quickly grow the B2B team without needing to linearly grow the data science team.
- Ingest, clean, synthesize and automate data streams to make data more usable and self-serve for the B2B team
- Support B2B reporting needs, both internally and for external partners
- Scale up our external reporting offering, by arriving at a best in-class reporting “menu,” so that ad-hoc reporting requests are minimized
- Do analysis and/or build a lead scoring machine-learning model so that account executives optimize their time
- Help the B2B team understand what types of businesses are bringing the most engaged users
- Identify businesses at risk of churning
- Work with the product team to improve how we onboard, activate and engage B2B users
- At least three to five years of industry experience in data analytics
- History of driving business impact through analysis. You understand how to prioritize, what actions are likely to be impactful, and which levers to pull
- Have a hypothesis-driven, scientific approach to data and problems
- Ability to write complex SQL queries; python or R is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of descriptive statistics; can differentiate between signal and noise
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Mode
- Excellent communicator with history of developing productive relationships with nontechnical partnerships
- Bonus - experience working with B2B teams and/or experience working with a startup
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.