📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for an ambitious Regional Sales Manager to join our Direct Sales team based out of Manchester. In this role, you will take the lead of the Manchester Sales team; a strong existing team of up to 30 sales representatives who attend a combination of events, shopping centres and garden centres throughout the year. Our goals over the next few years are ones anchored around growth. As the Manager you will be tasked to take over this team, embed yourself into the culture & gain the trust of your team, some of which have been here for 2+ years. You will then focus on scaling your team in size, ensuring your sales targets are met, whilst always placing the customer experience first.
What your week will look like:
As the Manager, it is imperative that you are comfortable and enjoy being in the field with your team. This will help to develop your own sales skills, get to know our product and customer base and embed you into the team.
To achieve this, you can expect a typical week to look like:
Field work -> 1 - 2 days p/w.
- Attending events with your team and getting to know them.
- Training new sales representatives.
- Helping the team to hit targets by showcasing your sales skills.
Remote work (with access to an office in Manchester) -> 3-4 days p/w.
- Weekly team meetings and strategy planning.
- Recruitment/onboarding of your sales representatives.
👋 A bit about you.
- Sales experience - you enjoy selling and the art behind it.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills where you feel comfortable talking to all members of the internal business and customers.
- Proactive, with a ‘let’s get it done’ attitude.
- Reporting comes as second nature to you - competent excel/google sheets skills.
- Full driver’s license (some driving/travel will be required)
- Passion for dogs (naturally)
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- Attractive compensation package
- Unique challenge of running your own sales team
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.