👋 A bit about the role
As a Quality Technician, you will report into the Technical Manager at Rudie's Kitchen and will ensure that the specified company quality systems and processes are operated in a controlled and effective manner. Ensuring product quality is maintained from raw materials through to dispatched goods.
This role sits somewhere between your normal Quality Role and that of a Senior QA, you will have the freedom of a senior role without any of the line management responsibilities, because of this we are offering an attractive salary for the role of £30,000 - £34,000 per year (dependent on skills and experiences)
As part of the role, you will:
- Ensure a pro-active approach to process and system control/management through educating to the broader team
- Conduct product testing on incoming raw materials and finished goods
- Monitor and trend product quality, identifying improvements and working with other functions (Operations, Process, NPD Engineering and Raw Materials) to deliver them
- Ensure daily / weekly / monthly QA scheduled tasks (i.e. GMP, calibrations, audits and sampling) are completed on time and any subsequent actions are followed up
- Conduct investigations into non-conformance (i.e. incidents, analytical testing, audits and customer complaints) and agree corrective actions and measure the effectiveness.
- Attend process trials
- Ensure new products processes and equipment are smoothly integrated into everyday operation and is fully supported by the Quality Management system (i.e. agreed quality parameters, updates schedules & QAT tasks, Quality Management System SOPs)
🐶 A bit about you
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- A proven track record of QA, systems management or HACCP in food manufacturing
- Strong understanding of production and packing processes
- Working knowledge of process capability and target setting
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
📣 A bit about us
At Butternut, our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a hard-working team. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen is where our Butternut meals (we currently have 10 recipes) will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients. Rudie's is also where we will be packaging our meals and boxing them for our customers all over the UK. We are a close nit team, with a that family feel, looking to welcome more like minded people to our lovely team and keep work life fun and enjoyable.
We are pleased to say, this is a full-time permanent contract, you will be working a rolling average of 41 hours per week working on a shift rotation with a mixture of days / nights and some weekend working. The working shifts days consisting of 7am to 7pm and nights consisting of 7pm-7am.
- 4 on/ 4 off = 2 day, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 3 days, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 2 days, 3 nights
🙌 A bit about what we offer
- Up to £34,000 per year salary + 257.5 hours holidays (including bank holidays) and an additional 8 hours for every year of service
- Butternut branded uniform provided (fleece, footwear, hi-vis)
- Enrollment into the company pension scheme and sick pay
- Private showers, changing facilities and dedicated locker space
- Comfy, bright and airy kitchen space with lunch making facilities and large screen TVs
- Free tea, coffee, and fruit (and pay day pizzas)
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn with internal training programmes, and a £500 personal learning budget
- Be part of an energetic and high performing team
- Team socials & events
- Free on-site parking
❗️A few things to note:
- This role is 100% based in our kitchen in Blyth, Doncaster
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives
- We are currently pipelining for these roles and would love to see your application, in some cases start dates may be slightly delayed but we will work with you to agree on an appropriate start date
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally, however, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are sometimes unable to respond to everyone
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance
We look forward to receiving your application!