📣 A bit about the role.
You will report into our Supply Chain Manager and will work cross-functionally across the whole operation. You will be working alongside an energetic team where your focus is to support the ownership of our food & non food supply. Travel will be required on an ad-hoc basis to our suppliers and the occasional visit to our ‘Box’ office in London.
In this role you can expect to:
- Manage your categories supply of products/materials ensuring we have enough in stock to meet our growing demand at all times whilst keeping inventory levels in line with the approved strategy.
- Placing orders on SAP & ensuring suppliers confirm orders & deliver on time in full
- Identifying any supply risks, communicating these effectively & resolving these proactively
- Evaluating suppliers performance & working with Procurement to drive improvements
- Building relationships with suppliers to form strategic partnerships.
- Produce/update all relevant reports as and when required, highlighting corrective actions for non-conformance to target.
👋 A bit about you.
- 2+ years experience working within supply chain is essential
- Experience working with the food manufacturing industry (preferred)
- Experience working with International suppliers (preferred)
- Experience working with ERP systems e.g. SAP (preferred)
- Advanced skills working with Excel/Google Sheets (required)
- Flexible with a strong ability to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the business
- Determined with an open-minded approach, a hunger to learn and a desire for self-improvement
- Passion for startups, e-commerce and dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Pre - pay day pizza, fruit, coffee and parking (free!)
- Lots of office dogs (Albie, Harvey, Cleo, Dexter, Fjor, Leo, Buster and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
We are not looking for external agency support with this role.