📣 A bit about the role.
We’re on the lookout for a creative, highly motivated, results-oriented Brand Manager to help drive and define the Butternut brand. In this role, you’ll execute brand marketing initiatives to grow awareness in a sustainable way.
With each project, you’ll play a key role in Butternut’s mission to bring health and happiness to dogs everywhere. If your tail is wagging, read on…
You will report directly to the Brand & Creative Director.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Grow the Butternut brand in a sustainable way.
- Grow the Butternut brand in a sustainable and impactful way.
- Get Butternut talked about and build brand love.
- Have freedom to push the boundaries and create impactful work.
- Meet and pet dogs.
What you’ll do:
- Grow the brand and build strong impactful initiatives. This is an ever-growing role and the expectations will flourish with the responsibility.
- Lead projects that create demand for our products, enhance brand awareness, get people talking, and drive consumer advocacy—all while upholding a smooth, integrated process.
- Drive marketing efforts across the organisation, bringing creative ideas to execution and delivering concepts to consumers in support of our ambitious growth objectives.
- You will be accountable for the campaigns being executed on time and on budget. The campaigns will be across, print, broadcast, tv and online.
- You’ll generate ideas that support our ambitious growth objectives of the business
- You’ll report on the performance of the campaigns you lead and report on the brand’s health on a quarterly basis.
- Work to make sure our content is being picked up by reputable news outlets across the UK & Europe.
- Responsible for coordinating the external communications of Butternut (PR).
- Be a brand guardian and constantly work to clarify, articulate, and execute creative marketing programs that embody Butternut’s tone, values, proposition and brand.
- Report on the performance of the campaigns you lead and report on the brands health on a quarterly basis.
👋 A bit about you.
- Experienced and confident in your abilities (5+ years of brand marketing experience).
- Someone who holds high standards for operational excellence: budgets, calendars, timelines, and efficiencies.
- Able to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions, both internally and externally.
- A highly creative and non-traditional thinker.
- Someone who has a bias for action and just makes things happen.
- Articulate in your vision and can inspire others - from teammates, to customers and of course, dogs.
- An organisational powerhouse who’s comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the Butternut brand and the values associated with it.
- Equipped with effective project management and communication skills.
- Appreciative of dog culture, communities, and consumers— you seek to understand what inspires and drives them.
- Fluent in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Able to produce clear and inviting pitch/overview documents.
- Well practiced in adobe suites (not essential)
- Someone who really likes dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- Hybrid working (2 days in office, 3 days work from home)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.