📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We are eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe in solving meaningful and complex customer problems which will improve the customer experience. We know we can offer more through personalisation, customisation and a deep engagement with our Butternut brand. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join us in building incredible digital product experiences for our rapidly growing customer base.
As a senior member of the Digital Product Design Team, you'll work closely with our incredible Product Managers and Engineering Teams as well as stakeholders from around the business including, Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Customer Love.
In this role you can expect to:
- Lead and foster a collaborative culture within our small team of passionate and driven product designers.
- Find opportunities from understanding and synthesising customer insights and data to solve complex problems into simple and delightful experiences.
- Take broad concepts and design end-to-end flows that deliver value to our customers and Butternut across multiple platforms.
- Evolve designs in our design system and be an ambassador of the Brand.
- Continuously seek to improve yourself, the team and ways of working through feedback to ensure we’re always raising the bar.
👋 A bit about you.
- Obsessed with dogs. Naturally.
- You have experience with the end to end product lifecycle - from ideation through to creation (including research & UI/UX)
- You have experience delivering impactful eCommerce products that have achieved commercial and customer goals in an agile environment.
- You are customer-oriented, and seek to constantly stress-test designs through user testing, research, and ab-testing.
- We use Figma & Notion as our primary design and communication tools, so you'll need to be willing to make the switch if you haven't used these already.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Option to work remote or hybrid (our Box Office is in White City)
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.