📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We are eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe in solving meaningful and complex customer problems which will improve the customer experience. We know we can offer more through personalisation, customisation and a deep engagement with our Butternut brand. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a product designer to join our high-performing design team in building incredible digital product experiences for our rapidly growing customer base.
As a member of the Digital Product Design Team, you'll work closely with our incredible Product Managers and Engineering Teams as well as stakeholders from around the business including, Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Customer Love.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate closely with our small team of passionate and driven product designers.
- Understanding and synthesising customer insights and data to solve complex problems into simple and delightful experiences.
- Take broad concepts and design end-to-end flows that deliver value to our customers and Butternut across multiple platforms.
- Clearly communicate progress of designs and make design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Be an ambassador of the Brand whilst leveraging our Design System.
👋 A bit about you.
- Obsessed with dogs. Naturally.
- Passion for start-ups & Digital Product Design.
- You have a good understanding of Digital Product Design best-practices and innovation, particularly in customer facing eCommerce products.
- You can show off a track record of delivering impactful products that have achieved commercial and customer goals.
- You are customer-oriented, and seek to constantly stress-test designs through user testing, research, and A/B testing.
- You have proven experience in working in ideation workshops or design sprints.
- Your communication skills are on-point and you can quickly and easily gather support for your ideas.
- You have the ability to grasp long-term strategic plays & initiatives that drive customer engagement and company growth.
- You can make tough decisions quickly, and you're right most of the time about them.
- We use Figma & Notion as our primary design and communication tools, so you'll need to be willing to make the switch if you haven't used these already
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Coworking office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.