📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We are eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe that solving meaningful problems which will improve our customer experience, improve our operational and DevOps efficiencies, and enable our teams to scale effectively is the way to do that. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to own and drive the vision, roadmap and execution of our one of our growth teams. This means making sure that customers can find and purchase the right products for their dog at the right time as well as finding ways to improve the convenience, control and choice that our customers have.
In this role, you’ll lead an autonomous, cross-functional Product team, collaborating extensively with members of our Product Design, Engineering, and Analytics teams. You’ll also often work closely with our Marketing and Operations teams to ensure that we are hitting key growth and revenue targets.
In this role you can expect to:
- Set clear Goals and metrics for your team, and be accountable for achieving them.
- Prioritise the work of your team, accounting for the cost, impact, and risk of different opportunities and projects.
- Ensure everyone has clarity on their team’s progress and plans going forward.
- Drive quantitative insights – defining metrics, running basic analyses, gathering insight from A/B testing, and collaborating with analysts to define and answer more complex analytical questions.
- Drive qualitative insights – talk to users regularly to understand what’s working, what’s not, and help shape our thinking.
- Run your team’s process, optimising for clarity, impact, and sustainable throughput.
- Define the scope of projects and ensure continual clarity on the spec.
- Help evolve our processes for how we approach product development and make sure we have the tools we need to maximise efficiency and impact.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from around the business on solving problems for their teams and gathering useful insight into the teams' plans and projects.
👋 A bit about you.
- Obsessed with dogs. Naturally.
- Passion for start-ups & Product Management.
- You have a clear understanding of technical Product Management, working with APIs and 3rd party integrations.
- You have strong project management skills, and know-how to ensure a project is delivered on time.
- You can show off a track record of delivering impactful products that have achieved commercial and customer goals.
- Your communication skills are on-point and you can quickly and easily gather support for your ideas, and champion them with exec-level communication.
- You have the ability to grasp long-term strategic plays & initiatives that drive customer engagement and company growth.
- You can make tough decisions quickly, and you're right most of the time about them.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Weekly 'lunch and learns'
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining Butternut Box. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the products that will define our future. This role is for someone who is hungry for that challenge.
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.