🐾 We are always on the look out for people to join our Product Development team. Check out some details about the role and express your interest directly.
📣 A bit about the team.
You will be joining our fast-paced and fast-growing New Product Development team who are all about bringing new products to the market that our customers are barking out for. Our team of food developers at our manufacturing kitchen help us to deliver innovative, human-quality products which are tasty and healthy for dogs of all ages. You will have the opportunity to lead and deliver upon strategically important and ground-breaking projects throughout the entire lifecycle of the product development process. This highly visible team which is vital in ensuring that we continue to fulfil our mission of providing health and happiness to dogs and their humans.
You can expect your main responsibilities to include:
- Drive and deliver upon our proposition pipeline, navigating the fastest routes to market and ensuring all deliverables are met.
- Lead complex and strategically important innovation projects from ideation through to post-launch, managing their critical path and all stakeholders.
- Be an innovation hub; testing, scaling, and pushing ideas to show the art of what’s possible to the wider teams.
- Own our product development processes and strive to continually improve them to keep us agile as we scale.
- Maintain an up-to-date map of the market and be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders in commercial meetings to strategise our future product pipeline.
👋 A bit about you.
- Experience in the food development cycle
- Experience in pet food would be advantageous
- You love creating world-class products and have a full understanding of how the development process works
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and the quality of your outputs.
- You have strong problem-solving competencies which allow you to think outside the box to overcome hurdles.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and build from the ground up quickly. Iterating as you go, constantly striving to improve each day.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Pre - pay day pizza for all
- Lots of office dogs (Albie, Harvey, Cleo, Dexter, Fjor, Leo, Buster and many more….)
- Free fruit, tea, coffee and parking
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will be live. Our NPD team has grown consistently over the years, with the team driving the innovation and expansion of our product range
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.