📣 A bit about the role.
We're looking for an exceptional Communications & Culture Lead to own & improve internal comms across Butternut.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. In the last 12 months, our team size has grown 4x with employees in the UK, Ireland & the Netherlands. And we have big ambitious plans to feed more healthy & happy dogs.
With growth comes complexity & change. Our people & culture is super important to us at Butternut. Maintaining our strong values-based culture and keeping all of our employees engaged is a core part of this role. You'll have the responsibility of creating & running an internal communications strategy that:
- keeps our team engaaged,informed & excited about what's happening & what's coming up
- ensures key messages are delivered to the right people/ groups in the right format/channels
- reflects our values and our tone of voice (or as we say, our tone of bark)
What worked for us at 20, 50, 100 people won't work for us at 500+ people in different geographies. This role is for someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth-mindset environment who is passionate about communications & culture - are you up for the challenge?
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Creating & implementing the internal communications strategy
- Ensuring teams feel connected & aligned with our values
- Communication of people initiatives including engagement surveys & feedback cycles
- Our culture & engagement initiatives (ensuring we are celebrating what is important to people)
- Ensuring key business updates & goals are understood across the business
- Owning internal channels of communication to drive employee engagement
- Comms & culture impact of change management projects
You will report into our Head of People and will likely have one team member to support on execution.
👋 A bit about you.
- You love dogs, naturally (You like people too...)
- 3-4+ years experience in Communications / People roles
- Relevant experience in leading/rolling out internal communication strategy
- Expert story teller (ability to simplify information & engage the audience)
- Excellent communication, public speaking & interpersonal skills
- Our Butternut values resonate strongly with you
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities, simultaneously
- Approachable, trustworthy and reliable
- Passionate about people & culture topics, strategy and trends and always keen to find opportunities for improvement
- Empathetic with a sense of humour (we want people to have fun at Butternut)
- A plus: you can share lots of examples of your communication style (e.g. blogs, podcast, articles)
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.