📣 A bit about the role.
We're looking for a Project Manager (Proposition & Innovation) who can work with a diverse set of teams internally and externally, to deliver projects that truly set us apart from our competitors. We want to be the most innovative business in our category, and by joining the growing Proposition, Innovation & Insights team you'll be working on bringing new and exciting innovations to life (we really want to push the boundaries), such as new recipes, treats and so much more, as well as projects that make being a Butternut customer easier or more enjoyable like improving our delivery experience or packaging.
As the second Project Manager in a high-performing and growing team, you'll have the opportunity to shape how we manage projects at Butternut by bringing your own experience to the role and always striving for better. You'll get involved at the very start of projects and manage them through to integration into the wider business, with a particular focus on projects that are delivered at our new manufacturing facility. We'd like to meet potential candidates who are detail-oriented, effective communicators and willing to challenge the way we, and our suppliers, do things to keep us striving for better.
This role can be based either at our head office in London, or our brand new manufacturing facility and office in Doncaster, and will involve some travelling between the two.
- Planning and scoping of new projects
- Managing pre-kickoff tasks including project scoping, agreeing stakeholders, timelines and milestones
- Planning projects with interdependencies to make sure we're working on the right things at the right time
- Leading projects and working groups throughout their lifecycle
- Owning multiple projects at once from inception to launch, and ultimately integrating new processes into relevant teams' workloads
- Ensuring customer outcomes, commercial targets and timelines are front of mind, reported on and met
- Proactively managing and working to mitigate risks, and tracking dependencies (always being a few steps ahead)
- Aligning working groups and other relevant teams & individuals on major milestones such as physical product launches
- Managing communications, stakeholders and reporting on projects
- Having oversight of the range of projects in-life and reporting on these regularly to stakeholders and the wider business
- Leading on day-to-day action tracking and facilitating weekly or bi-weekly project meetings and working sessions
- Working with internal and external stakeholders including those at our new manufacturing facility to achieve project outcomes
- Managing company-wide communication on major project milestones such as physical product launches
- Improving project processes and governance
- Running project retrospectives and sharing learning with the wider Butternut team
- Sharing best practices and ideas to improve our processes with other internal project managers
👋 A bit about you.
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for highly visible projects from start to finish, with some support from the team
- Relevant experience having led cross-functional projects simultaneously (exposure to projects with an operational or manufacturing component are valued but not essential)
- Knowledge of best practice in agile and project management, such as through formal project management qualifications are valued but not essential
- Excellent communication skills - ability to present information succinctly and clearly, and manage a message in the best way to suit its audience
- A real problem-solver - when things don't always go to plan, working through potential solutions with relevant people
- Commercial awareness - good understanding of commercial measures e.g. gross margin and revenue, and the impact decisions may have on them
- Excellent at managing stakeholders - demonstrated ability to work with a variety of teams with different ways of working to keep projects on track
- Share our belief that dogs deserve better!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.