Are you an exceptional People Manager and keen to build something great from scratch? Do you thrive in a fast-paced result driven environment? Do you have experience with the design of the employee journey and are you interested in ensuring that we are set-up well from a Dutch employment law & compliance side of things? Then read on quickly because this is the vacancy you are looking for! We are building a founding team for the BeNeLux and are looking for an enthusiastic people manager to be part of this!
📣 A bit about the role
In this role you will own the people function and lead the people team for the BeNeLux, starting with the Netherlands. You will design our employee journey from beginning to end taking the best bits from our UK based team. In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead the people team and build new, and iterate on, existing people initiatives, programs: responsible for:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Feedback and performance management
- Diversity and inclusion
- Learning, development, and progression
- People data and reporting
- Policies and procedures
- Act as a coach and partner for our Dutch managers and employees and support when necessary
- Analyse people data and trends to inform decision making on people strategy & initiatives
- Support and manage employee relations issues and investigations
- Manage the Dutch office and collaborate with our People leads in London (Box Office) & Doncaster (Rudie’s)
- Own the payroll management & contract administration for Dutch employees
- Be the culture-carrier; roll-out initiatives & programmes that make Butternut a great place to work!
What works for us in the UK won’t necessarily work in the Netherlands, we want to keep a values based approach and keep our customers and team at the heart of what we do. You will report into our Country manager with a dotted line to our Head of People in the UK.
🐶 A bit about us.
“It all started with a dog that couldn’t stop farting’’
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest meals with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. And no more farts!
Today, we have tens of thousands customers in the United Kingdom and are ready to expand internationally. After their growth and proven success in the UK, Butternut Box has identified the Netherlands as an attractive market to expand to next. The comparable consumer behavior, the population density, the mature e-commerce market and sophisticated warehouse infrastructure drive the attractiveness of the Dutch market. The company wants to replicate their existing business model into the Netherlands and the wider Benelux from there. To make this a great success we raised a Series D (~50 MM EUR) and we have invested heavily in our own production facility in the UK, as well as in international expansion.
👋 A bit about you
You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too…!) And you are comfortable working on a variety of different tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment like Butternut Box. You also have:
- 5+ years’ experience in HR or People Operations
- Relevant experience with leading/ rolling out people initiatives and HR programmes
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and driving appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Passion for people topics, strategy, and trends and always keen to find opportunities for improvements
- Employment law knowledge & employee relations experience
- Native Dutch speaker, fluent in English and willing to travel to London periodically for face-to-face exchanges with stakeholders
And last, but certainly not least, you are empathetic with a good sense of humour, humble, approachable, trustworthy, and reliable.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
Not only do you come to work for one of the best startups to work for in London (according to Heytempo) but we also offer:
- Equity option package
- 25 days holiday and an additional day for every year of service up to max 5 days
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Pension benefits
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested, we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.