📣 A bit about the role.
We are searching for an outgoing, hardworking, all-round great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive.
You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, and to make sure our customers and their dogs are supported over the weekend. All incoming live customer contact will go through you, especially making use of phone, live chat, WhatsApp and email channels. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
We want you to tell us in your initial application what your favourite dog breed is and why. The right fit will be someone who is motivated by the idea of bringing random moments of happiness to the people (and dogs!) we serve and is excited by the idea of working remotely in an early-stage business. And as part of a growing, sociable Customer Love team.
This role is for 24 hours per week, Friday - Sunday with the option of occasional overtime during busy periods. There is also a compulsory Monday - Friday training fortnight.
You will work 9am-6pm each day, including one hour for lunch. These hours will be worked from home.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Using communication tools including phone, email, live chat and WhatsApp to keep customers informed.
- Dealing with operational and physical product queries, problems and feedback from our current customer base.
- Bringing happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we serve.
- Passing on customer insights & feedback for us to turn those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
- Helping to form our culture and voice, and bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that for the majority of this role you will be confident and have a passion for helping them on the phone.
👋 A bit about you.
- A passion for problem solving and finding resolutions independently.
- Customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential.
- Experience using a Macbook or Apple computer also a bonus but not essential.
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard.
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Kind, giving and thoughtful.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives while leaving humans smiling after every interaction. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen is the place where the magic happens, so to speak. It's where our tasty Butternut meals and treats are gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way we see it, we wouldn't serve food to dogs that we wouldn't be happy to eat ourselves.
We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who believe dogs deserve better. If you agree then we want to hear from you.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- £300 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount and referral scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Quarterly team socials, plus summer and Christmas company socials
❗ A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.
- The set hours listed could change based on the unforesseen needs of the Customer Love team and Butternut Box, which is a seven day per week operation. If there are to be any changes to your hours or days of work, reasonable notice and consultation will be given.