🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
📣 A bit about the role.
We’re looking for a passionate Learning & Development (L&D) Lead to join our People team. We’ve welcomed over 250 new joiners in the past 6 months and have ambitious hiring plans for 2022. We want our Squad to have a rich learning experience and grow within Butternut. This person will play a crucial role in creating a learning environment that helps the Squad achieve their best work.
This role will report to the Head of People.
- You’ll develop an innovative, engaging learning and development strategy for our squad of over 350 people (and growing)
- You’ll take ownership of the individual learning budget, helping the Squad access meaningful learning opportunities. You’ll provide monthly reports on usage and impact making sure this is a valuable Butternut Benefit
- You’ll assess onboarding effectiveness on an ongoing basis, using data to tell a story to the wider company and bring about change
- You’ll work in partnership with the on site People Teams at the operational sites to understand their local need and support skills gaps and share training content best practice
- You’ll work in partnership with the various sites to understand the output from succession planning exercises to build learning focuses recognising local needs and company wide needs
- You’ll be responsible for the ongoing management and utilisation of a digital learning tool. With a growing team we want to provide engaging training that can be accessed anytime, anywhere
- You’ll build healthy team dynamics and rituals that enable information sharing and empower ownership across the L&D Assistants
- You'll work in partnership with the L&D Assistants to find an effective process and system to record training and development opportunities for all of the Squad that can be easily reported on
- You’ll enhance the Learning & Development visibility at Butternut by providing insightful data through monthly reports on L&D activities.
- You’ll be someone that is comfortable facilitating training at both individual contributor and manager level
- You’ll see L&D as a partnership programme. Working with with key functions in the business to understand their needs and designing a variety of learning solutions where appropriate
- You’ll take complex training requirements and simplify them
- You’ll think of the cultural nuances as we expand into Europe and develop training to create inclusive and productive environments
👋 A bit about you.
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too…)
- Our Butternut values resonate strongly with you
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of delivering excellent customer service
- You’ll have significant experience in delivering a blended learning environment including: eLearning, virtual training and distance learning methods, classroom/instructor-led training, and on-the-job training/mentoring
- You’ll have some experience working with regulatory training requirement
- You’re naturally curious and love solving problems using first principles
- You’re passionate about learning and development topics, strategy and trends and always keen to find opportunities for improvement.
This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience in a fast-paced, high growth startup. However our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.