📝Just something to note, we're open to offering visa sponsorship for this position along with part-time and fully remote opportunities! We want to offer flexibility that works around you and your responsibilities so get in touch if the below sounds like a great fit.
📣A bit about the role.
As part of the Product Engineering team, you will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers and stakeholders to help solve our customers' problems and directly impact their (and their dog's) daily lives.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ship customer-facing products constantly.
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- Work across the frontend stack (React JS, Redux, SASS) to deliver quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and learn with other team members via pair programming, mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks. You will be expected to lead projects and help mentor more junior engineers in this role.
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
You'll get to use a lot of exciting technology here at Butternut:
- CI/CD best practices
💡A bit about your responsibilities.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Product Engineering team. You'll help us with the following challenges:
- Work closely with PM's, designers and other engineers to build features and products to delight our customers and make their dogs' lives better.
- Ensure the systems we build are modular, scalable and reliable.
Here are some of the projects the team have worked on recently:
- Enabling international expansion by adapting our systems for other currencies and languages.
- Helping customers better resolve issues with their deliveries themselves through a self-serve platform that looks great and is easy to use.
- Building a new onboarding flow to make sure new customers feel at home with Butternut.
👋A bit about you.
- Considerable commercial experience in a similar role using React. Redux experience is a bonus.
- A true motivation to ship customer-facing products
- Pro-active, driven, entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
- Passion for startups
- Obsessed with dogs!
🐶A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Coworking office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Weekly ‘lunch and learns’
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining Butternut Box. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the products that will define our future. This role is for someone who is hungry for that challenge.
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.