📣 A bit about the role.
We are searching for an outgoing, hardworking, all-around great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive. You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, talking to our clients on a daily basis and coming up with ways to make their journey a better one. All incoming and outgoing customer contact will go through you. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
We want you to tell us in your initial application what your favourite dog breed is and why. The right fit will be someone who is motivated by the idea of bringing random moments of happiness to the people (and dogs!) we serve and is excited by the idea of working in an early-stage business.
This role is for 39 hours per week, Monday - Sunday on a rolling rota basis including regular weekend days and bank holidays.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Using communication tools including phone, email and live chat to keep customers informed.
- Dealing with queries, problems and feedback from our potential and current client base.
- Developing new and creative ways to bring happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we serve.
- Taking customer insights & feedback and turning those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
- Helping to form our culture and voice, and bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that there will be some weekend work involved.
Here are some of the key objectives to expect for this role:
At Butternut, we use OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) to set goals and to help us measure the success of teams and the company on a quarterly basis.
First 1-3 months:
- Happy being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Comfortable using communication tools effectively and autonomously: mainly phone calls, but will include some emails and live chat to keep customers informed.
- You have learnt all of our processes and procedures, and intuitively keep up to date on company changes and new ways of working.
- You’re able to deal with most queries, problems and feedback from our potential and current client base on your own.
- You are performing at a comfortable team average in our productivity levels, as well as our qualitative indicators such as customer satisfaction scores.
- You bring happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we deliver to, as well as your team mates.
- You regularly pass on customer insights & feedback for us to turn those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
3 to 6 Months:
- You start to help form our culture and voice, and you bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
- You’ll be able to assist customers with more complex problems, and you’ll be able to gather insight and knowledge from the rest of the business to help a customer in difficult situations.
- At this point, you have shown to be a reliable and dependable member of the team, delivering on objectives and driving towards targets we set as a team to deliver the best possible service.
6 Months and Onwards
- Comfortable with helping any newer team members, offering to buddy and give advice or support.
- You are happy to suggest improvements to the digital product, thinking about the customer and business needs in tandem.
- You continue to thrive on customer interactions every day, and enjoy working as a front line member of the team.
- You are consistently performing at or above the team average in our productivity levels, as well as our qualitative indicators such as customer satisfaction scores.
- And so much more to come!
👋 A bit about you.
- Customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Kind, giving and thoughtful
- Obsessive organiser
- Eager to learn and improve
- Genuine, honest, innovative and adaptable
- Creative, curious and full of ideas
- Obsessed with dogs
- Passion for start-ups
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) plus an extra day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Co-working office space at Huckletree West
- Butternut Box employee discount.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, Pip and many more….)
‼️ A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.