📣A bit about the role.
As part of the Growth Product Engineering team, you will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers and stakeholders to help solve our customers' problems and directly impact their (and their dog's) daily lives.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ship customer-facing products constantly.
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- Work across the stack (Ruby on Rails, React JS, Redux , SASS) to deliver quality, maintainable code. This role will be more focused on the Frontend side of things but a willingness to pickup and learn technologies like Ruby on Rails is required.
- Collaborate and learn with other team members via pair programming, mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
🕵🏽♀️ Who we are looking for.
You are a software engineer with 3+ years of commercial experience with React. You lean towards the frontend but are able to jump into some backend work when needed (We're looking for someone with preference for a 75/25 split in terms of workload between frontend and backend respectively).
You care deeply about the quality of products you and your team build, and are motivated by constantly shipping features and products that directly impact customer's lives. Seeing users benefit from your work is what gets you out of the bed in the morning. You love the web and new technologies (We use React and Redux on a daily basis). You work best by collaborating with other engineers, designers and product managers to make this all happen. Finally, you can't think of anything better than joining a company who's mission is to improve dog's lives.
👋 A bit about you.
- 3+ years commercial experience in a similar role using React. Redux experience is a bonus.
- Experience with a server side technology like Node.js, Django or Ruby on Rails would be very helpful.
- An interest in constantly learning new tools and developing your skills.
- A true motivation to ship customer-facing products.
- Pro-active, driven, entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude.
- Passion for startups.
- Obsessed with dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning and development budget
- Co-working office space at Huckletree West
- Butternut Box employee discount.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.