Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space that are never really occupied.
Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. To do so, we have developed our People Sensing Platform which anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors. Through our novel technology, we deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. Our mission is backed by some of the strongest leaders in the industry, such as Qualcomm Ventures, Tiger Global, Carrier, and Ray Stata, co-founder of Analog Devices. We proudly serve dozens of fortune 500 companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing rapidly per year, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team and work with us towards our mission to make the built environment people-aware!
About the position
Butlr’s API-first approach has greatly resonated with early channel partners such as Relogix, Infogrid and Carrier, who have made us their preferred occupancy sensing solution. We are already driving significant revenues through our partners and are now looking to build on this early success. We are looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated Senior Strategic Partner Development Manager to rapidly expand our channel and partner ecosystem. As an early member of our sales team, you will work closely with the Head of Sales and supporting sales functions to qualify, develop and drive all channel partnership and sales opportunities.
This is a high impact, high visibility career opportunity for someone to play a founding role in Butlr’s channel function, helping shape and execute our strategy and to potentially build out our channel organization.
- Minimum of 5+ years working in the space of technology, in a B2B channel sales role at a fast-paced market-leading IoT or PropTech company.
- Successful track record of supporting and enabling channel partners and their sellers to position software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions.
- Experience in working collaboratively with functional teams and deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to enable and support channel partner growth.
- Experience in negotiating commercial terms within channel partner resellers and/or supply agreements.
- Successful track record of identifying new partnerships, identifying key stakeholder and positioning enterprise solutions for channel partner adoption.
- Ability to actively manage multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to both listen and negotiate.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Knowledge and practitioner of consultative sales processes
- Experience selling in the proptech, CRE or Facilities Management domain preferred but not a requirement
We’re looking for someone who can achieve the following objectives with regards to driving sales within net-new and expansion opportunities.
- Consistently hit or exceed revenue targets set for partners.
- Proactively identify partnership opportunities and build an active sales pipeline.
- Provide accurate forecasting/pipeline information to management, coupled with tight management of key performance metrics.
- Support channel partners and their reps in the full sales cycle, while engaging any needed internal resources from the account executive, technical support and marketing.
- Build and leverage deep and wide stakeholder relationships with the partner network.
- Effectively position Butlr’s offerings to address partner requirements and enable sales teams to position Butlr as a portfolio-wide solution.
- Deliver detailed demonstration of Butlr’s solutions, leveraging sales support resources when necessary.
- Negotiate commercial terms within Resell and Supply Agreements.
Location: This is a remote position, however we have locations in San Francisco, Boston and North Carolina. Close proximity to these locations is preferred, but not required. This role will require travel to industry events and partners.
Salary: $225,000 OTE
- World-class team with low ego.
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.