Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space that are never really occupied.
Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. To do so, we have developed our People Sensing Platform which anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors. Through our novel technology, we deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. Our mission is backed by some of the strongest leaders in the industry, such as Qualcomm Ventures, Tiger Global, Carrier, and Ray Stata, co-founder of Analog Devices. We proudly serve dozens of fortune 500 companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing rapidly per year, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team and work with us towards our mission to make the built environment people-aware!
About the position:
Butlr is hiring a Field Application Engineer (FAE), who will take on the lead technical role during pre-sales customer conversations, support sales in the scope and quotation of our product solutions, plan resources required for product installation and deployment, and execute the installation directly on-site. Moreover, you will own customer adoption of our solutions and spearhead post-sales support of key customers and the enablement (onboarding and training) of implementation partners.
You will also develop and maintain a tight relationship with our leadership team, sales, and product/engineering teams to provide closed-loop feedback from the field to inform our product roadmap.
- Manage on-site product implementation, troubleshooting, and deployment, including staffing, resources, network issues, internet connection, RF Interference, and on-site customer relationships etc…
- Become a subject matter expert on our product and application
- Review architectural floor plans to scope prospective deployments and inform quotes for pre-sales support
- Support the sales cycle through technical requirement scoping, prospective buyer meetings, solution review sessions, and the deployment approval process
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to support process improvements and SOP’s
- Work with technical customers to understand and align product requirements with our platform and roadmap
- Ensure all targets are met and/or exceeded including quality standards and on-time and on-budget deliveries
- Lead customer adoption of our solutions, providing post-sales support to maintain product stickiness.
- You have 3+ years of experience in field application engineering
- You have an EE/ME, or IoT technical background with some knowledge of connected devices/mesh network/smart buildings
- You have basic coding skills and knowledge around APIs
- You are a natural problem solver while able to communicate with executive-level customers and internal stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently, and proactive in problem-solving
- Creative, adaptable, and responsive, especially when on-site with a customer or partner
- You are able to dig deep into the details to best understand our product and how to apply it to customer scenarios
- You embrace our core company values:
- Teamwork and low ego
- Collaboration and humility
- We are willing to change our minds and be proven wrong
- Innovation: Creativity at speed, whether in technology or providing solutions to a problem
- Ownership and Accountability: Own opportunities and failures
- Excellence and get it done while holding ourselves to a higher standard.
This is a remote position.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.