We are looking for a Technical Rigger who understands animation production and has a genuine interest in spearheading the creation of rigs of all kinds. Someone who is keen to work with animators and provide solutions that help them produce animation work in less time.
As a Technical Rigger, you will be working alongside the animation team and enable them produce high-end content while providing technical rigs as well as help define animation workflow and pipelines. You will be working closely with the Cinematic Director and Lead Animator to ensure that the rigs for the animation team meet functional requirements and the team’s needs.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our animation and technical teams and define our pipeline.
- Skin, build, test and maintain rigs for characters, facial, creatures, vehicles, soft props and mechanical props.
- Write support tools and scripts to support the animation pipeline using rigs.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator, Cinematic Director and Character team to ensure assets are completed at the desired quality bar and technical requirements.
- Creation & maintenance of technical documentation.
- At least 3 years’ experience in rigging and skinning characters.
- Strong knowledge of character deformations and topology.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Proficient Python and MEL development skills very desirable.
- Strong understanding of animation principles and an animation workflow.
- Experience in game development working with animation teams.
- Detail, logic and functionality orientated.
- Willingness to recognize inefficiencies and provide solutions.
- Strong communications skills.
- Have a passion for games.
- Proactive and interested in taking on new challenges.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.