BARB is looking for an Gameplay Animation Director to lead a world-class Animation team on an entirely new ambitious open world project. This role offers the opportunity to join a growing studio, use new state-of-the-art technology and help create an original IP. You will work closely with the studio creative team to develop and drive the artistic vision for this AAA project as well as grow and lead the studio Animation team.
- Plan and direct motion capture shoots to generate gameplay animations that feel fluid and responsive.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the gameplay animation and set quality standards in conjunction with key stakeholders and in-house expertise.
- Identify the right approach, providing routes to solving problems quickly, efficiently and at a high quality.
- Collaborating with Game Director to identify and define gameplay animation requirements.
- Recruit, develop and mentor the gameplay animation team with constructive feedback.
- Assist Production in the creation of the gameplay animation schedule and resource plans.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on gameplay animations created by outsourcers and in-house teams.
- Work with the Rigging department to ensure the delivery of rigs that will meet an animator’s need for control, functionality, usability and performance.
- Collaborating with the Gameplay and Animation Programming teams to brainstorm technical ideas and solutions.
- Responsible for establishing the gameplay animation production pipeline and enforcing the process throughout the project cycle.
- Working with Game Director to adjust project goals and design revisions on the fly as necessary, adapting to changing situations and meeting schedules.
- Identifying potential problems in the gameplay animation pipeline and working with the key stakeholders to prevent them.
- Supporting Production to keep studio executive staff, the publisher and/or marketing staff up to speed on product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (e.g., milestone updates, demos, etc).
- Provide animation direction to ensure the quality of the gameplay animation is in line with the Game Director's vision and set deadlines.
- Experienced with motion capture pipelines and extensive experience directing motion capture shoots for gameplay animation.
- Minimum of 3 published games having shipped a AAA title in a leadership position
- Exceptional track record showing a complete understanding of the animation creative process and animation fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of Gameplay Animation implementation in Unreal Engine.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both creatively and technically.
- Must be familiar with one or more types of Animation software (Maya, MotionBuilder).
- Several years of experience with character and creature animation, facial animation, skeletal construction and point weighting.
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team spanning artists, programmers and designers, and to compromise when necessary to achieve overall best results.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.