As a Technical Artist for the Vehicle Team, you will be working alongside a talented and passionate team driving forwards cutting-edge visuals and functionality for our ingame vehicles, providing shader and material expertise as well as technical guidance for art workflows, vehicle systems and pipelines.
You will be joining the studio in a key role at pivotal time as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground breaking open-world game. The role brings the opportunity of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
- Work closely with the Lead Vehicle Artist and Technical Art Director to define, improve and maintain art workflows.
- Shader research and development.
- Build and refine vehicle feature systems (Damage, Lights, Customization etc.).
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow.
- Liaise with engine team to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement feedback from Lead Vehicle Artist and Technical Director.
- Excellent knowledge of game engines and the technical constraints and challenges of game development
- Good technical understanding of art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets
- Experience in the creation and refinement of shaders
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- An eye for detail.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interest in latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends.
- 2 years minimum experience as Technical Artist in the games industry.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 or newer
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.