We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Lead Animator who understands game production and has a genuine interest in game development.
You will be leading the gameplay animation team to help them create believable high-quality gameplay animations. You will be working closely under the guidance of the Gameplay Animation Director to achieve a consistent level of quality and ensure that each animation has the right energy and mood to it, as well as being delivered on-time.
You will be joining the team at a crucial time for the studio, as we grow and develop our gameplay animation pipeline, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
- Lead a team of gameplay animators providing support and guidance as well as technical expertise.
- Create high quality, responsive and realistic gameplay animations using both keyframing and motion capture data.
- Supervise task assignments for your team.
- Collaborate closely with programmers and scripters to create or improve existing gameplay animation systems.
- Ensure quality and consistency of gameplay animation by reviewing the team’s work and providing regular feedback.
- Assist with the recruitment and mentoring of the team.
- Assist with scheduling and milestone planning.
- Collaborate with the Gameplay Animation Director during motion capture shoots.
- Encourage team performance and milestone deliveries.
- Experience in a management role. Interpersonal skills and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong keyframe and motion capture editing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder.
- 5+ years in games development, with at least 1 x AAA game shipped as a Lead Animator.
- Experience working with state machines and anim graphs. Experience with CryEngine or Lumberyard highly beneficial.
- Good understanding of character and prop setups.
- Strong understanding of the process for integrating gameplay systems.
- Capable of meeting schedules and commit to delivery dates.
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate a team.
- Provide a demo showcasing your best character animation work for games.