As a Senior Engine Programmer, you are a key member of the engine team and will write and maintain complex code and systems that power our current and future ground-breaking projects. You can identify and fix performance issues and are comfortable designing and extending large code systems. You are a team player, work well with multiple departments in a cross-disciplinary team, and use your experience to mentor and guide junior members of the team.
The role will report to a Lead Engine Programmer. We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Deliver high quality and high-performance game engine sub-system features using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures and algorithms.
- Support other teams in the use of the engine and work closely with other teams to deliver features at the expected quality & performance.
- Identify and debug complex technical problems.
- Prioritise, plan, and manage the time of assigned tasks with oversight.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and non-technical teams.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays, and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Mentor junior members of the team and help them grow as programmers in a collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of experience as an Engine Programmer in the game industry.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Solid understanding of and experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Strong understanding of modern CPU and GPU architectures.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the bestselling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.