About the team:
Our Technical Product Support team is an escalation team to our earlier stages of support. We are responsible for providing in-depth, product-level support to our users when they’re facing complex, niche, or app-specific challenges.
In addition to providing support, we serve as a strategic partner to the rest of the company — sharing common confusions with our Product team, escalating platform-wide bugs to our Engineering team, and identifying churn-risks to our Sales team, amongst other forms of collaboration. Because we work so closely with our users and product, many on our team grow and specialize in focus areas throughout the broader Support/Success org and beyond, including sales, product, and engineering.
About the role:
As a Technical Product Support Specialist, you will:
- Become an expert in all things Bubble — our product, users, and company
- Spend the majority of your time providing app-specific support via email, as if you were a member of the user’s team
- For each issue that you handle, determine if it’s a question about how to build something on Bubble or a bug report about a behavior not working as intended on the platform, then resolve accordingly
- For how-tos, apply your Bubble knowledge to answer the question directly or build a test app to model something conceptual
- For bug reports, use our debugging tools to dive into the app and determine if it’s a bug in the user’s code or our code; when it’s a bug in the users code, respond in such a way that empowers the user to self-diagnose their bug in the future; when it’s a platform bug, escalate to Engineering with a concise, clear set of reproduction steps that accelerate the time-to-resolution
- Analyze and optimize our tools, documentation, and processes to improve and help scale our operations
- Collaborate with other teams to improve our users’ overall experience with Bubble
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requires listed below. If you meet these requirements, we’d love for you to apply. The preferred qualifications, while not required, would help anyone in this role onboard and grow quickly. Note that folks who have been successful in this role have had diverse paths to Bubble - recent graduates from college, bubble developers, self-employed business owners, etc.
- Embodies Bubble’s values
- Has a proven ability to learn a technical, internet-based trade, skill, or tool
- Exhibits an investigative mindset, high attention to detail, and aptitude for learning
- Thrives in the face of ambiguity, demonstrating an ability to problem solve with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Has exceptional written and verbal skills; can translate complex solutions to users concisely and clearly, while collaborating with the team effectively and efficiently
- Will work one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 8 weeks (subject to change) - you’ll receive two days off of your choosing the week before or after your weekend shift
- Though we are open to applications nationally, required to work east-coast hours
- Prior experience with Bubble — you’ve built an app or startup on the platform for yourself or a client
- Prior experience with Chrome or Safari’s Web Developer Tools
- Prior experience with connecting APIs and/or using tools like Postman for building and using APIs
- Prior experience working with customers or cross-functionally within an organization
If this sounds like you, apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is very remote-friendly, and we have employees who work across the United States. You’ll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.