Cloud security is becoming increasingly important as organizations are accelerating their cloud migration. Britive is at the forefront of the emerging cloud security industry with the only modern privileged access management platform that provides unified Privileged Access Visibility, Dynamic Privilege Management and Secrets Governance across cloud infrastructures, platforms & SaaS.
Our patent-pending technology is deployed at several large and Fortune 500 customers and we have repeatedly ranked among the hottest Cloud Security startups. Britive is founded by CyberSecurity industry veterans with a successful prior exit and is backed by top-tier VCs through a recent Series A raise.
You are a passionate Principal Security Data Engineer who wants to who wants to drive business results with your data-based insights. You have a strong data science and cybersecurity background and understand the use of a variety of data ingestion, data mining and data analysis methods to build and implement models, algorithms, and simulations for security platforms. From day one, you must be able to hit the ground running and bring all your experience to the team to ensure our business stays ahead of the industry. You will take the lead to provide strategic direction on large scale business problems. Most importantly, you have a positive “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Lead and guide a data engineering/science program to help understand how the wealth of security data can drive insights into weaknesses, threats, and opportunities.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries.
- Identify and develop appropriate design to ingest large amounts on security data into data lakes/warehouse.
- Identify/develop appropriate machine learning/data mining/text mining techniques to enable better business outcomes.
- Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage.
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects.
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity.
- Document projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Validate score performance.
- Document and present model process and performance.
What will you need?
- Prior experience in performing the same role in a SaaS security product company.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in similar roles.
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative fields.
- Highly technical with both tactical and strategic capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with data ingestion and organization of data.
- Hands-on experience implementing machine learning and security intelligence solutions.
- Proven track record in modifying and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, machine learning and data science.
- Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use case, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners.
- Sound knowledge of security in Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Expert knowledge in Snowflake.
- Deep understanding of graph databases: AWS Neptune
- Strong coding skills in one of the following: SQL, Python, R, or PySpark.
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL or related technologies.
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with distributed team.
- Understand and practice agile development methodology.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of DevOps, microservices architecture and container/Docker technologies.
In return, we offer:
· We empower you to think critically and contribute to our development. Every team member has the power to make our company better!
· We recognize that honesty and openness breeds trust, which is the foundation of great teamwork. This extends to customers and anyone who interacts with us on any level
· A Culture of life-long learners
· We celebrate all forms of diversity and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward each day
· Competitive Compensation
· Full Benefits, including for dependents
· Unlimited PTO