With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
As a Senior Software Engineer -Backend (MedTech) , you will be a part of a team responsible for the success of designing and launching products built on the BrightInsight Platform. The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment. BrightInsight products include industry-specific solutions, indication-specific therapies, and capabilities for business users, providers, and patients.
You will work closely with Product team members, and will be part of the development team to design, develop, document and test various software solutions. You will be working with a team of nearshore and offshore development engineers in order to arrive at the best possible solution in a compliant, high quality, and timely manner.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and can perform following responsibilities.
• Develop new Java/Python based micro-services on BrightInsight Platform.
• Software design and implementation on cloud-based platform
• Understand, design and participate in architecture of end-to-end products including services, mobile and web applications
• Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
• Collaborate with software and systems engineering to transform software-based medical devices requirements into formally documented detailed design, and development stories.
• Implement services with pre-defined BrightInsight Software frameworks and base guidelines.
• Collaborate with the test team for software verification
• Lead and participate in design workshops to facilitate and articulating modelling and architecture principles
• Lead a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners.
• Review others work (code, design) and provide guidance for a consistent implementation.
• Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions
• Support troubleshooting issues with services and perform data profiling/analytics activities.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
• 6 + years of experience as software engineer
• Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process
• 4+ years of experience in Java and/or Python programming.
• 2+ years of experience working in micro-services in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience with GRPC and REST. • Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
• Knowledge of metadata model-driven software system and object-oriented software design
• Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with unit and integration testing
• Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills in order to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities
• Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
• Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
• Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus
• Experience in working with HL7 FHIR standard and API is a plus.
• Experience with Software FMEA process is a plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.