With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
BrightInsight is transforming its infrastructure platform into self-service, product-based and customer-focused outcomes. If you have a strong background in infrastructure technologies and enjoy a fast-paced environment, consider a career in BrightInsight.
As an Engineering Manager on the Web team, you will lead a web Front-End engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication, flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The BrightInsight business is on a hyper growth trajectory and web platform is the critical driver to grow the new customer acquisition with average daily visits trending in double digit millions. Web team owns the overall Target.com experience, Platform and Web infra team and drive the engineering solution across different initiative focused on Product and Platform needs.
The Web engineering group is tasked with building that best-in-class experience for Customers with their specific needs.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to help lead and grow one of the scrum team focused on building a specific customer journey with a craftsmanship across engineering practices and KPIs.
As an Engineering Manager for the Web team, you will:
- Lead the team to drive projects/Initiatives from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach for the project need.
- Drive great partnership with the product, UX and Analytics teams.
- Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans and deliverables.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment.
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts.
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture.
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring and coaching.
What you’ll need:
- 8-12+ years of software development experience in an Agile environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience leading, coaching, and mentoring web development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- Strong experience in managing customer facing applications through reliability and resiliency fundamentals.
- Experience operating medium to large scale initiatives.
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Experience working in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process and design patterns.
- Experience with Jasmine, Karma or Selenium testing frameworks.
- Proven experience of building integrations with APIs using technical interface specifications.
- Knowledge of packaging web application in modules or self-sufficient containers for deployment on a cloud platform (GCP, AWS, or other).
- Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Relational and non-relational database design skills.
- Experience with GRPC and REST.
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills in order to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities.
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus.
- Experience with Software FMEA process is a plus.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.