Do you want to be part of the Digital Health revolution that’s changing the face of healthcare? Do you enjoy working with high performers in a fast-paced and agile environment? Then come join us at BrightInsight. Backed by top tech and healthcare VC's, BrightInsight provides the leading global regulated digital health platform for biopharma and medtech. We are a start-up comprised of highly experienced and driven individuals from medtech and biopharma with a mission of making digital health innovation easy for our customers. Our medical-grade IoT platform is built under a Quality Management System to support and optimize regulated drugs, devices and software through integrated data and actionable insights. Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018 we have secured the world's top biopharma companies as customers including Novo Nordisk and Roche, were selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, included in CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019" and were awarded “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences” by the world’s leading tech titan. If you are passionate about transforming healthcare and want to make a meaningful impact on patient’s lives, then come be a part of the leading Digital Health start-up in Silicon Valley.
About the Role:
As the Sr. Manager, Technical Program Management, KPIs and Metrics you will be responsible for and seen as the authority on all software development related performance metrics. Reporting to the Director of Portfolio Management and Operations, this is a key function within the organization focused on identifying software engineering metrics specifically within the Software as a Medical Device discipline. You will be responsible for building out those metrics, automating them, determining how to best visualize them using visualization software and implementing them within the various software development project teams at BrightInsight. This role will go beyond the typical expectations of a Senior Technical Program Manager who has served as an Agile Coach or Scrum of Scrums. This role will require someone with a design thinking mind-set and an aptitude to move beyond the common engineering metrics such as velocity and burndown charts to use existing engineering data to build out new KPIs and metrics.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Consistent track record of delivering complex and innovative technical KPIs and metrics to large software projects
- Determination in finding innovative and efficient solutions across software development
- Motivation in functional and technical data requirements, and ability to facilitate communication and coordinate discussions that drive decisions at the appropriate stage of the process
- In-depth knowledge of key services, operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to technical project management
- Drive to get into project and program details and determine what should be measured to determine success
- Creating innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive data affecting multiple disciplines and work groups
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills and a natural desire to work collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Identify and develop KPIs and metrics that will help our project teams measure the health of our customer projects. These metrics will include software development metrics as well as documentation metrics
- Leverage data coming out of software development management tools such as Jira to develop new metrics and KPIs relevant to our business
- Identify and implement tools that can be used for visualization of data such that project teams can quickly take action to improve sprint performance
- Work closely with project teams to implement these KPIs and metrics.
- Drive improvements of those metrics within project teams. Use these lessons learned to determine how to improve the metrics
- Coach project teams on how to effectively use these KPIs and metrics to improve engineering and project performance
- Coach/guide them the teams so that they can maintain/sustain the improved state
- Author Work Instructions to document and train teams on these metrics
- Establish key procedures, templates and frameworks as needed to build out a robust suite of performance metrics
- Serve as the global go-to authority about engineering KPIs and metrics
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- 8-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably software / IT related), healthcare or life sciences
- Experience as a software developer
- Extensive experience in agile and scrum (Scrum Master)
- Healthcare / Life science / MedTech industry experience is a significant plus
- Regulated SDLC experience would be considered a significant advantage as well
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in building and delivering technical projects
- Experience in start-ups
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Employee discounts at local retailers
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.