With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe, and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Role: The Software Engineer - Operations holds the lead developer responsibilities for maintenance of all production BrightInsight software including cloud platform services, mobile apps and web apps. This role requires broad software engineering experience with demonstrated hands-on skills to troubleshoot and update existing systems while maintaining BrightInsight’s world-class standards for regulatory compliance, performance and customer satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal organization
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Support, maintain and update existing cloud platform software systems including:
- Java based micro-services on the BrightInsight Platform.
- Software design and implementation on cloud-based platform and backend services running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Understand design of and troubleshoot services architectures, application gateways, networking etc.
- Support, maintain and update services with features including Interaction with other micro-services, integration with other external clouds, security, logging and monitoring
- Support, maintain and update existing mobile applications including:
- Native and hybrid robust iOS mobile applications
- Native and hybrid robust Android mobile applications
- Understand requirements to translate stories into design & code
- Produce well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by manual and automated tests
- Understand requirements to translate stories into design and code.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Collaborate with test engineers and support promotion of code to development, test and production environments for testing of Micro-services and Mobile applications
Here is some of what you’ll need …
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Broad technical competency including:
- Java backend development with strong knowledge of java language
- Cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Java Spring and SpringBoot technology. Familiar building microservices.
- Experience developing and extending custom APIs and writing client-side code which interacts with other APIs (RESTful)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency in Swift, Objective C, Java, and Kotlin
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and interface guides
- Knowledge of Android and iOS back-end services, local storage and multi-threading
- Experience with tools such as Github, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Solid English verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Very strong English written communications skills to write high quality technical documentation for submission to Regulatory Authorities
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to prioritize across multiple project streams
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process and best practices
- Ability to unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Experience in medical device, digital health or other regulated product development is a plus