With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
About the Role:
The Software Security Architect will be responsible for the design, development, and roadmap of information security technical solutions for BrightInsight platform and customer applications. You will work closely with platform architects, product and engineering team, privacy, compliance, quality, security operation team.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead the development, implementation, and evolution of the BrightInsight information security technology roadmap, based on current and evolving regulation and compliance needs, and information security trends, security standards and best practices, to continue enhancing our security posture, and positioning BrightInsight as a leader in healthcare data privacy and security.
- Design, implement and enhance platform information security architecture.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of end-to-end technology stack/solutions for BrightInsight platform and customer applications, including but not limited to, network security, NGFW, IPS, DLP, Encryption, Logging and active monitoring, incident response management solution, SIEM, DR and backup, vulnerability scan and patch management solutions.
- Lead threat modeling exercises and collaborate across teams to build/deploy and maintain innovative solutions for the security threats detection, prevention and mitigation.
- Health security policies and security best practices.
- Guide the security operation and incident response team on ongoing management of BrightInsight platform production environments and customer applications security, including network security, vulnerability scan scanning & remediations, penetration testing, DR testing, active security monitoring and reporting, and incident response/breach management
- Support ongoing information security risk assessments and audits, and the associated remediation activities, to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA and GDPR or other global compliance, HITRUST certification, and other relevant standards and requirements.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Advance degree is preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software product information security
- 3+ years of security architecture experience for cloud-based software products
- Experience with public cloud platform, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with remediation of vulnerabilities and patches.
- Expert level experience in working with information security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, DLP, encryption, Penetration Testing, and SIEM tools, etc.
- Experience in security incident/breach management
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 5+ years of similar work experience in the healthcare, finance, or other highly regulated
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, GSEC, etc. are strongly preferred
- Deep understanding in data privacy and data security related regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, GDPR, and related security and quality framework and standards (such as ISO 2700x, NIST800, HITRUST, SOC II, etc.)
- Experience in securing IOT devices
- Experience in medical devices
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.